If there were one supplement you could add to your routine, Sulfurzyme would be it! So what is Sulfurzyme and what are the benefits? Let’s dive in because they are incredible! It supports overall wellness, bolsters joint health, helps to detox the body, aids the immune system, can help with supporting normal metabolic function and healthy circulation AND promotes bone, hair and skin health. Talk about a supplement that covers so much. When I started using Sulfurzyme 6 years ago I thought I only needed it for one reason. Come to find out it does SO much more!!!
Keep in mind, I am not a doctor, I am just a Mama who loves finding natural options for her family. My education on oils and supplements is how our family has used these over the years and the benefits we have seen. You are the gatekeeper of your home and know your family so please keep that in mind while following us on this journey. Also, when speaking about essential oils, we use Young Living in our family and have for over six years. These are the oils that I have researched and feel comfortable with for our family. Not all oils and supplements are created equal.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at no extra cost to you. See my full disclosure here.
My personal testimony and what really opened my eyes to natural wellness as a whole…
I was a Zyrtec a day kind of girl. I had taken allergy medicine daily for almost 10 years thinking that was “normal”, that it just ran in the family and that my two older kids needed it also because that’s just how it was and allergies happen. Boy was I was wrong, this is what really started my whole view on natural prevention and natural wellness.
I had a sinus infection when I was pregnant with our third baby and was prescribed Sudafed and was told to just keep taking that. Sudafed crosses the placenta and I was not ok with taking that long term during pregnancy so I started looking into other things. I also used to suffer from random nose bleeds ALL the time. When pregnant though, it was literally a daily occurrence for the most part. No exaggeration. And it wasn’t like a drip-drip, it was like a faucet. I was told time and time again that was normal.
So what happened?
A friend of mine had given me some Ningxia (that beautiful bottle has its own post!) at that time and had told me about Sulfurzyme and to maybe look into that so I did. Long story short, myself nor our kiddos have needed to take an OTC allergy medication since. It’s been 6 years and our family is still going strong at not needing any OTC assistance. Our two youngest have never needed an OTC medication since learning what I have. Not to say we don’t up our Sulfurzyme or natural supplements if needed BUT we haven’t needed anything OTC and I am forever grateful! AND my nosebleeds went away, just stopped, gone.
My last pregnancy, I literally only had TWO. One was because my youngest headbutted me in the nose so there is that. But TWO! After two pregnancies where I had them ALL the time and was told that is a normal pregnancy symptom. And during my third, when I started using it was when they stopped. That in itself was enough for me but Sulfurzyme has proven so much more amazing than just that.
This also isn’t to say that we would never use them, I believe western medicine has a place and we should be grateful for it in serious circumstances, but it shouldn’t be the first thing we run to. Natural prevention is huge in supporting our bodies and supporting our health.
Basically if you are human you need to have this in your wellness cabinet. I even give it to my dogs, one specifically that gets a very red belly from the grass occasionally and is very itchy. This fixes him right up too.
Photo Credit: LifeSteps App
What makes Sulfurzyme so special?
Sulfurzymes main ingredient is MSM which is Methylsulfonylmethane. We will stick with MSM for short for the sake of pronunciation.
MSM is the protein-building compound found in breast milk, fresh fruits and vegetables but it can be quickly lost during the cooking process. It can also be an organic sulfur compound that is naturally derived during the earth’s rain cycle.
Biologically active sulfur is one of the most critical nutrients for our bodies to remain youthful and healthy.
Sulfur also helps to build glutathione which is the bodies master antioxidant and a major detoxifier and is key for a healthy immune system.
What are the benefits of Sulfurzyme? What does it help with?
- Can help to accelerate healing
- Aids in reducing seasonal side effects
- Is necessary for collagen production
- Improves joint flexibility
- Is amazing at strengthening skin, hair and nails
- Helps to boost your keratin production
- Naturally helps with energy
- Supports with reducing inflammation
- Supports healthy weight by supporting healthy metabolic function
- Supports clear skin and healthy hair
- Helps to support brain health
- Supports joint health and normal range of motion
- Supports recovery time and joints after exercise
- Supports bone health
- Supports symptoms from arthritis
- Helps to support the immune system
- Helps to support the liver
- Helps to support good circulation
Photo Credit: LifeSteps App
More health benefits to Sulfurzyme:
- Together with the Ningxia Wolfberry they create a new concept in balancing the immune system and supporting almost every major function of the body. MSM has the ability to equalize water inside the cells, which is a considerable benefit for those needing joint support. The addition of the Ningxia Wolfberry is one of the most nutrient-dense foods known. It contains over 18 amino acids and 21 minerals and supports the bioavailability of MSM as well as healthy regeneration of tissues and cells.
- This helps in detoxing the body and it helps to make your cells more permeable, meaning that it allows toxins and metabolic waste products to easily be moved out of the cells.
- It can ease menstrual cycle pain in women. Menstrual pain is usually caused by the swelling of the fallopian tubes, the ovaries or the womb as it prepares itself to house an egg. Cramps can occur either while the lining is constructed or while it is falling away. MSM can reduce that swelling and soothe the pain caused by inflammation.
- This can help support pain and can be very effective against certain inflammatory bowel diseases such as Chron’s Disease and Colitis.
- Sulfurzyme contains antioxidants that help tackle the free radicals that damage your immune system.
If you have hair, skin, nails and joints (and I sure hope you do), you likely are not getting enough high quality dietary sulfur. Painful skin issues, week and brittle nails, hair that is broken or doesn’t grow, these can all be signs telling you that you need more nutrition in this area.
Sulfurzyme is one that is also super budget friendly! Typically, I only take two a day which, one bottle will last me for 5 months then. If I have a seasonal flare up or need extra support for inflammation or sinuses/allergies then I will adjust as needed. During pregnancy I will take two in the morning and two in the evening to help with sinus inflammation.
If I’m allergic to sulfa-containing medications, can I take Sulfurzyme?
The short answer it yes. They are two different things. The sulfur compound in sulfa medications are loosely attached to the drug molecule and can therefore come off easily to cause allergic reactions. The sulfur atom in Sulfurzyme is securely located in the middle of the MSM molecule so that it can be utilized by the body as needed. I always recommend trying a little at first though to see how you specifically react to it.
Can pregnant and nursing women take this supplement?
Most believe that it is safe and beneficial for both mother and baby. Please do your own research though and make a decision based on what you feel is best as the mother. I will say though that I loved having this as an option during pregnancy and felt 100% more comfortable taking this versus an over-the-counter medication.
Can kids or pets take this supplement?
Yes! And they can benefit so much! The powder version is easy to put into foods, drinks or smoothies.
How do I use Sulfurzyme?
For the capsules: Take 2 capsules, once a day.
For the powder: Mix 1/2 teaspoon with juice or distilled water and take twice daily. You can also add it to a smoothie too. Keep in a cool dry place.
Photo Credit: LifeSteps App
My Red Drink
- 1-2 ounces of Ningxia
- 1 tsp. Sulfurzyme Powder
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice
- Splash of Grapefruit Bergamont Vitality Drops
- Sparkling Water
- Mix the Ningxia, Sulfurzyme Powder, Orange Juice and Vitality drops with a frother, top with Sparkling water and enjoy!
Coconut Lime Adrenal Cocktail
- 6-8 oz organic coconut water
- 1 tsp. Sulfurzyme Powder
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp Celtic Salt
- 1/2 fresh lime juice OR 3 drops of Lime Vitality essential oil
- Mix coconut water, Sulfurzme Powder, salt, lime juice OR essential oil with a handheld frother, add over ice and enjoy!
This is one of my favorite frothers for making things like this!
If you don’t already have Sulfurzyme and are wanting to try it, you can grab it here!
If you have questions feel free to shoot me an email or comment below! You can follow along on more of the day to day with us as well on Instagram @naturallychaoticlifestyle!